Wizards' Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter roleplaying forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm

WC Rules
Obey them, or suffer the consequences. But no pressure.
  • Respect. Respect RPers, respect yourself, and respect your admin. Everyone has different beliefs, and that's perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Please don't be rude to someone, unless it's for an In Character role. However, acting like a jerk out of character is a very bad thing and problems will arise.

• Please, please, please make sure the character you're choosing to RP as has not been taken or is reserved. We have a list up to help you chose. For the time being, no original characters are allowed, but that may change in the future. Also, please limit yourself to one character, that way it's fair.

• If you're going to be away for longer than a week, please post in the Absences thread, so we'll know not to accidentally do anything potentially harmful to your character.

• Your RP must be at least five sentences. One-liners and small RPs are annoying and they don't get the thread anywhere. If all else fails, just describe the scenery. Also, RPs must read like a book, not a play or anything else. No posts that are completely dialog. Also, God-Modding without permission is a HUGE no-no. For those who are unaware, God-Moding is using another person's character in your post without their permission. As in, making them say things or do things without checking if it's okay with their RPer.

• Stick with your timeline! Someone from the Marauder's Era is not automatically going to go to the Future Generation Era, unless you're someone who's alive in both eras. All posts should be clearly labeled with your specific era in them.

• RP at least once every two weeks. I know it can get tough, especially with school, but two weeks for one RP post should be easy enough to pull off.

• KEEP IT APPROPRIATE. Of course there are going to be relationships, but PLEASE, for the love of all the is magical and Rowling-esque, NO SMUT. Keep that for the inboxes, if you feel the need. We're trying to keep this site clean. It's for all ages, so keep things PG-13 at the most. This rule is non-negotiable. If you break it, you will be in MAJOR trouble.

• These rules MUST be followed. There's only a couple, and it shouldn't be that hard. However, if you break one without a proper reason, you will have two more chances to clean up your act. Otherwise, you could find yourself banned. Also, the three-chance rules goes for Applications. If you've had to fix your application more than three times, obviously you're lacking something for RPing.

Please follow the rules to keep this site running smoothly. Thank you!

Back to top Go down
https://wizardschess.rpg-board.net
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules   Rules Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:59 am

About the five sentence rule: What if you tried writing five, and it turned out you only really had four, but one was longish and had a comma and could be two sentences, really, except that would sound clunky and weird? I've had that happen quite a bit recently and I was really happy with how the post sounded and then I was like, "Oh noez! It's only four!". And then my post was ugly. And I gave away too much boring information on Sirius' hair. And this is five sentences.
Back to top Go down

Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizards' Chess :: Out of Character :: Rules and News-
Jump to: