Wizards' Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Harry Potter roleplaying forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Empty
PostSubject: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 pm

The library had always calmed Lily. There was just something so familiar about the old books and the hushed voices. To her, there was no better place in the world. With a small contented smile on her face, she sat at an empty table in the back, prepared to start on her Potions essay. It wasn't due for another few days, but it was best to get it done early. Slughorn expected very much from her and she didn't want to let him down.

Not to mention the library was a good escape from him. It was the one place he wouldn't dare set foot, which made it her safe haven. Popping open her Advanced Potions textbook, she flipped to the page on the Drought of Living Death.
Back to top Go down
https://wizardschess.rpg-board.net
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Remus walked through the library, enjoying the smell of faded parchment and ink that seemed to fill the place, especially in the older sections. He casually walked around, until he spotted a certain red head huddled at a table. "Lily!" he called, walking swiftly towards her.
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Lily jumped a bit, the noise startling her. She looked up to see Remus strolling towards the table. She gave him a small smile, clearing a place at the table for him.
"'Morning, Remus." She greeted him, setting her quill down.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Remus smiled back. "Good morning! Can I sit here, or are you saving the spot for someone?" he asked politely. He knew Lily wasn't waiting for anyone, but that was no reason to abuse manners.
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 pm

"No, not at all. Please. Sit. It would be nice to have some company." Lily grinned, folding up her essay and putting it in her backpack. "It's been a while since we've had a nice chat. NEWTS classes will be the death of me, I swear. And I thought last year was hard." She gave a small laugh, shaking her head. "No clue how I'll stay sane."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Remus sat down, snorting. "Lily, you're the brightest person in our year, perhaps the entire school. There's no way you're failing. And you make it through last year, you can make it through this one. And sorry about not talking recently... that's my fault. But, in my defense, I was busy stopping certain 'accidents' from happening. I had good cause."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Lily felt herself flush slightly at the praise. "Oh, hush. It's only because I study. Some of us don't study and still get high marks." She muttered bitterly, referencing Potter and Black. Those idiots. Why was it always the beautiful people who never had to work in life?

B-Beautiful? When had she considered Potter beautiful? She blushed darker at her thoughts and tried to distract herself.

"Accidents?" She rose an eyebrow. "Explain. Now, if you do not mind."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Remus snorted again. "They're... okay. I swear, sometimes I have to act like a life vest for them to keep them afloat." Remus sighed, "Let's just say, there might be an entire house with robes dyed pink. And I'll let you know, their plan was ingenious."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Lily couldn't help but facepalm. "Why do you let them go through with such obscenities?" She grumbled, shaking her head. "It only encourages them. They act like children! It's our sixth year! They need to grow up. Stupid little pranks like dying Slytherin robes pink is childish and idiotic. They should be focusing on the fact that in a year and a half, they will need to deal with the real world. In the real world, we act like grown ups, not schoolboys with a petty grudge."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Remus ran a hand through his hair. "Lily, it's a nasty house. I agree with them on that. And James doesn't have to worry about the future. He's well off. He plans on traveling the world and all that. And... for Sirius, it's more than a petty grudge. It's his life. His childhood was filled with this horrible prejudgment. He feels he needs to show them all what's right with force."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Lily shook her head, sighing. "That doesn't make it right, does it? Just because one of them is a pretty-boy with old money and the other was brought up that way? It doesn't give them any right to do such childish things. They need to learn to grow up." She frowned. "And they wonder why I can't stand them," with a roll of her eyes, she grumbled, "maybe if they weren't so immature."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Remus pouted. "Lily, please. I know they come off as five-year-olds on Gillyweed, but they're really very mature. You should see James. He's very adamant about fighting for the right side in the upcoming war. And Sirius... he's really..." Remus lost his train of thought. This tended to happen when Sirius came up in conversation.
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 pm

With a huff, Lily rolled her eyes. "Don't get me started on Potter. You know that I will list each and every one of his flaws - don't think I won't. He may be fighting for the right side, but that doesn't make up for his atrocious personality.

I know you're hung up on Sirius, I can't see why, but I will be adamant about my statement. They are immature. They need to learn to grow up."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Remus was broken from his daydream by what Lily said. "Hung up?! What?! I'm not.... hung up..." he blushed.
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Lily raised her eyebrows. "Oh really? Prove it." She smirked, knowing Remus couldn't. "Your eyes glaze over whenever he's mentioned, your face lights up when he walks in the room, you blush whenever he speaks to you. Not to mention that you've told me about your secret love for him. It's all very romantic," she rolled her eyes, "if you're into the whole mushy-secret-romance thing."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:24 pm

"... okay, so maybe I am..." Remus lamented, "but it's not at all romantic. It's painful and hearbreaking and depressing. Not at all romantic. Especially when the love of your life snogs anything that moves." He snorted.
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Lily smiled sadly. "But that is romance, isn't it? Heartbreak and sadness and pain and joy and all that mushiness. Honestly, I do not wish to have it thrust upon me. Romance is so... it closes you off, doesn't it? It invades your mind and takes over. Like an illness. Romance is a disease." she gave a small chuckle. "I'm sorry, Remus, but you've been infected."

(OOC: It wouldn't be the first time. xD )
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:31 pm

"Yeah, I guess I am..." Remus then gave Lily a quizzical look. "You don't ever want to be in love? Ever? I mean, no one should be alone..."

(OOC: That's low, Maddie. Real low.)
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:37 pm

(OOC: You know you love me <3 )

Lily shook her head. "No. Not any time soon, at least. I want to establish a career first. Not to mention any boys I'm likely to meet between now and the end of school will be immature pricks. I don't want to fall in love with any of them. I don't want to end up hurt and broken. Not to mention love would be such a distraction from school work. I've come a long way and I'm not giving up yet." She stated.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Remus sighed again. "No one? No one's caught your eye, or your mind? And you're going to get hurt. That's guaranteed with any guy. And Lily... you're views on love are so rigid. Love isn't something you chose to do. It just happens. Trust me, I know..."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Lily flushed darkly, her thoughts flashing to a certain raven-haired idiot. No. NO. "No.." She shook her head. "I don't care if my views are unorthodox. I don't want any of that. I don't want anyone coming into my life. Taking over. Raiding my thoughts and actions. I want to establish my life on my own. I don't want love. I don't care if it just "happens". I may not be able to stop it, but I can try, can't I? I can protect myself. I WILL protect myself."
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Remus whined. "Lily, I want to go to your wedding! I want to tell your husband he's in for it! I want to see you in love! You're so uptight. Being in love will be good for you. I can tell. It worked that way for James. He changed, out of love. I bet you will to."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Lily flushed darkly, angrily. She started gathering her things. "Don't mention that git to me. I don't care if he turned into a bloody messiah. I don't want to be in love, Remus. I'll get married, but not for years. I told you. I want to establish my life first. Then I'll fall in love." She hoisted her book bag on her shoulder and turned on her heel, seething silently.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Admin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:05 pm

"Lily, wait, don't-" but she was already gone. He sighed. "She'll admit it eventually..." he mumbled, "she will..." Remus stood up, heading to go find a book on werewolf mates...
END
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Admin
Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

(You didn't have to end it D:
Is she admitting she'll love someone? Or that she loves James?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)    Safe Haven  (Marauders Era, October 1976) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safe Haven (Marauders Era, October 1976)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next